At Mishon Mackay, we understand that buying your first property can be a daunting experience.
It can take time and discipline to save the required deposit and once you have done so, the process of buying can become even more confusing.
If you’re looking to buy, you can be flooded with a number of questions, for example…
- What does “Sold STC” mean?
- What difference does it make if I have a 5% or 20% deposit?
- How much is my mortgage going to cost, and should I go for a fixed rate or a variable rate?
- Do I need to get a survey done?
- What does “exchange of contracts” mean?
- When can I move in?
- When do I pay my first mortgage payment?
- Do I need a solicitor and if so, who do I choose?
So many questions… and if you don’t know the answer it’s not a silly question!
Needless to say, friends and family will help with the answers to all of these questions, but a great estate agent will help too, particularly when it comes to pointing you in the right direction with questions about mortgages and solicitors (as well as the obvious help to find your first home).
At Mishon Mackay we have a fantastic team of experienced property professionals across Brighton, Hove, and surrounding areas, all on hand to help you at every step of your journey.
From accompanying you on viewings and answering any questions about the properties you are seeing, to helping you through the sale process once you have had an offer accepted, our friendly team will go above and beyond to make buying your first home a smooth and enjoyable process – even recommending a mortgage broker to get you the best deal and a solicitor to act for you on the purchase.